Unknown offenders It’s a Saturday afternoon and you’ve got chores to do: you make breakfast…
When it’s 100+ degrees in the summer in San Antonio, it’s not uncommon to reach for an agua fresca, or the fruity or flowery beverages made with sugar and water made popular in Mexico. Typical summertime flavors include cantaloupe, hibiscus, and tamarind. But aguas frescas aren’t just for summer—who’s to say you can’t have your favorite sweet drink in the cold months as well?
- Fresh mint leaves
- Combine cranberries, mint, and a few cups water in a blender
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher
- Add sugar and experiment with ingredients until you’ve reached the flavor you want
- Garnish with cranberries and mint leaves
- Cinnamon sticks
- Ground cinnamon
- Combine water, cinnamon sticks, and softened apples in a blender
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve into a blender
- Add ground cinnamon and sugar until you reach the flavor you want
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks
With fresh ingredients like figs and mint leaves, these aguas frescas are sure to bring some fall-themed flavor to your home, but what really takes these beverages to the next level is the high-quality water that we have in San Antonio. Our water system has been rated superior every year since 1936 because SAWS puts a priority on testing for quality and safety. So, drink up knowing that your food and drinks are being made with excellent water.